Job Title: USAID Program Cycle and Strategic Planning Specialists
Job Number: GOV90
Application Deadline: Open Until 9/10/19
Location: Washington, DC and Overseas Missions
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance required. Candidate must be a US Citizen.
The U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID) issued a request for proposal from Small Businesses for a five-year institutional support services on a new mechanism to assist USAID/W and Missions’ Program Cycle. The purpose of the project is to strengthen implementation of the Program Cycle throughout the Agency and will provide expert technical support and advisory services in strategic design, program planning, and program monitoring, evaluation/learning, and surge support.
IT Shows, Inc. (ITS) is seeking technical experts for short-term, intermittent and long term positions in the following technical areas:
- Expertise to support USAID/W and Missions to implement USAID’s Program Cycle through the development of resources to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge in strategic planning, project design and implementation, activity design and implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA).
- Support USAID increase Agency capacity for adaptive management in response to new learning and changes in context within USAID and among implementing partners. This will include examples and approaches to adaptive management in Program Cycle-related tools, training, and guidance. Support PPL to source and share examples of how USAID Operating Units (OUs) have adapted programming in response to evidence.
- Provide surge capacity for OUs in need of technical assistance and support for Program Cycle processes and functions. This includes expertise in the Program Cycle as a whole or in specific aspects of the Program Cycle, such as strategic planning, project design, activity design, monitoring, evaluation, and/or CLA practices to support OUs in implementing the Program Cycle.
- Support capacity building of OUs to integrate efforts across offices to implement the Program Cycle (for example, cross-office project and activity design, and creation of integrated feedback loops to enable effective use of monitoring and evaluation data outside of the offices which produced it).
- Support Agency take an adaptive management approach, with USAID, to monitor, evaluate and strategically learn from activities implemented under this mechanism in coordination with other Program Cycle mechanisms.
Senior Professionals must have at least 10 years of experience and hold at least Master’s degree.
Mid-Level Professionals must have at least 5 years of experience and Master’s level, preferably in international development or related field. USAID programming experience and familiarity with Agency’s Programming Cycle is a plus.
IT Shows, Inc. is an international development consulting firm providing technical assistance, monitoring, evaluation and other professional support services. IT Shows is Equal Opportunity Employer.