At IT Shows, our team has decades of experience and strong expertise in management and technical solutions to international development issues. Our hallmark systems include:
- Flexibility and Responsiveness: IT Shows offers in-depth experience in virtually every management issue. We have the capability to manage, procure, and recruit for all project tasks.
- Administrative Support: For every project, we assign capable project supervisors and administrative support depending on the project requirements.
- Collaboration: We have a proven record of collaborative relationships with international health institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Experience and Knowledge: We have unique experience and knowledge to leverage the latest communication technologies and facilitate support for global prevention programs. Our capabilities include the use of web-based applications, virtual conferencing, and other online communication via the Internet.
- Performance-Based Management Experience: Our staff expertise includes performance-based contract management, specifically on the implementation of international health programs involving HIV/AIDS/STDs, family planning, and other reproductive health programs.
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the health industry: Our skills include an expertise in leveraging information, communication technologies, IT strategic assessments and evaluations, Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), web development and database support, and data analysis.
Executive Leadership Team
Abdi Wardere, President and CEO of IT Shows, Inc., founded the company in 2000 with a vision to “leverage information and communication technologies for health and development.”
Mr. Wardere has nearly 25 years of international development experience leading, supervising, evaluating, and managing complex development programs. His expertise includes the application of information and communication technologies to international health, including health management information systems, data for decisions, and systems capacity building.
Prior to founding IT Shows, Inc., he worked at the US Agency for International Development. He completed a number of fellowships, including University of Michigan Fellowship and Population Leadership Fellowship, and he served as Technical Advisor for USAID. He advised clients in strategic planning, assessments, design, and implementation of online solutions.
Internationally, he conducted numerous field activities and traveled extensively, providing direct assistance to a number of developing countries, including Brazil, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Guyana, Haiti, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Uganda, Turkey, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
Mr. Wardere has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA), with a concentration in Management and has extensive training in leadership and organizational development.
Team members include:
- Nikki Owens, Director, Human Resources
- Kirk Anderson, Program Manager